Five Things I Hope You Know
Life is not an easy ride. But there are things that can make it a bit brighter and more meaningful. Because Jesus changes everything. For better. So here are some things I hope you know. Hopefully, they will bless you.
Five things I hope you know
- You are loved. Everything starts with love. We need love to bloom and that’s why we seek it anywhere and everywhere. But many of life’s miserable things come from this search for love. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong about wanting love. But we hurt ourselves when we compromise for it. Especially, when we are already loved beyond measure. God loves you more than anybody else could ever love you. And this love does not depend on you being lovable. God will always love you. Learn to bask in this love. Remind yourself of it. Every day.
- You are forgiven. There is nothing that God could not forgive you. Absolutely nothing. Your past doesn’t scare God away. God’s grace wins hands down any of your sins. Every time. So be bold and ask for forgiveness. You will receive grace upon grace and then you are forgiven in Jesus’ name. Then your past is past. God will not remember them, you can start the rest of your life free. And so loved.
- You are empowered. Yes, God does not leave you to handle your life alone. It’s not about your strength. And that’s such a wonderful thing. And for the record, your strength could never be enough. We all know this by experience. But it’s not about our strength. It’s about God’s strength. God’s grace is more than enough. Even is that is the only thing we have left. You are empowered, lifted up, cherished, strengthened, carried whenever you need it. Just turn to God.
- You are wanted. God desires to spend time with you. You are so wanted into God’s presence. God sent Jesus to clear the way for you. Your presence is that much wanted. Do not live your life without experiencing what it is to be in God’s arms. It is divine. I imagine it’s a bit like in heaven. God wants to interact with you. And just to be with you. Seek his presence. Abide in Jesus and you will find how splendid life can be.
- You are sent. God has plans for you. Yes, you. Your life has meaning and God wants to send you out to love others. Life is not just about hanging out while we’re here. We are on our way home to God. Meanwhile, we are called to share God’s love and grace with whom we travel. This is not optional. You have a God-given purpose, just ask him. The more love and grace you pass along, the more love and grace you receive. This is always a win-win situation. Dare to do this and you will be amazed how blessed you can be.
These were the five things I hope you know. They can be life-changing if you embrace them fully. And that is my prayer for you.
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Eph. 3:16-19, NIV)
Thank you for your extravagant love,
help us to embrace it.
Pour our grace upon grace!
Guide us, Lord!
Teach us how to live with you and for your glory.
In Jesus’ name,
Q4U: Do you know these things? What would you add to the list?
Be blessed, my fellow pilgrim, as you embrace these things!
Photo by Rachel Nickerson on Unsplash. Linking up today with Dance with Jesus and Five-minute Friday.